Home My Books About Me Contests

Monday, October 10, 2011

Conquer the Silence!


As you may know, I contributed to an anthology called Dear Bully, which was released last month. I was grateful for the opportunity to share my experiences with teen bullying and take part in such an amazing project, along with about 70 other YA authors. If you haven't already picked up your copy, well, you know what to do. Get your butt down to the nearest bookstore and get it already! (No, I'm not bullying you, just politely reminding you that Dear Bully is in stores. :-)

I have received mail from many fans who were touched by Dear Bully, but I can truly see the powerful impact of this book in the response of Sarah McManus! She is a young blogger that was inspired to create a website called Conquer the Silence (http://www.conquerthesilence.blogspot.com/). On Sarah's blog, contributors are free to communicate their stories in any written form they wish, and can even post anonymously. I'm proud of Sarah McManus for taking a stand against bullying, and I'm proud of all of my young followers who sincerely want to make a difference in this world.

Let's support this step in the right direction and speak out against bullying by posting to and spreading the word about this new blog page! Conquer the silence, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.