Home My Books About Me Contests

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Canadian Tour, Day One Recap!


Okay, I'm sold. All I have to say is, our northern neighbors really know how to make a girl feel like a princess. Last night I arrived in drizzly Toronto and was soon warmed up by the AMAZING suite at the Four Seasons (yes, all--that is a couch, a table, and a separate seating area...and if you look closely, you can even spot the ketchup!).


For those of you who are wondering, this is my version of unpacking:


After an early dinner (Linner?) with the lovely Veronica Roth and some of the sales and marketing team of Harper Collins Canada, we headed over to the fabulous Indigo Bookstore, where many adorable readers were already waiting for us. One girl had been in line since 1:30 pm! Getting to chat with the rising superstar Veronica was a great pleasure, as were the thoughtful questions from both the audience and the moderator. One of my favorite questions came from a fan of only thirteen years old, who asked whether the dystopian societies we created in our books were a reflection on the pressures of conformity that exist in modern life. I told her she should go to Harvard!

Or ART SCHOOL, because then she gave me this amazing and beautiful poster, a joint effort she had put together with her best friend, who was also in attendance:


I nearly cried. Isn't it amazing?? Thank you, Jen and Gillian, sincerely and with all my heart. And thank you, Canada, for being so wonderful!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm so disappointed I missed it! I hadn't been able to get downtown!
I'm glad you stopped by, though! Would you again, sometime soon please?

Sonia said...

There's another one in Brampton tomorrow if you're able to make that, Lissa!

That poster is so sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying your visit to Canada! :) I'll be seeing you tomorrow - so excited!

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.