Home My Books About Me Contests

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Portrait of the Artist...

...or at the very least, the Artist's Apartment!

Here is what I woke up to in my apartment this a.m. And no, these are NOT STAGED PHOTOS:


The shoe graveyard: evidence of my complete and utter shoe fetishization. Usually, a scene of carnage like this means that I was on a date the night before, and frantically trying to figure out what to wear about five minutes after I should already be dressed and on the subway. And in fact, I DID have a date last night--with the lovely YA writer Donna Freitas, author of The Possibilities of Sainthood and the forthcoming novel, THIS GORGEOUS GAME)...
And, the coffee-mug skull. I bought this two days ago from this AMAZING new store on 7th avenue in Brooklyn called Homebody. If you live in the area, you should definitely go!

Lord knows I needed many skulls-full this morning...after my THREE HOUR LONG meal with Donna last night. She is beautiful and brilliant and my total writer crush... altogether, she was the perfect date!

We even ate softshell crab!


I know that this is the randomest post ever, but that's where the "Miscellany" in my blog name title comes in, people!!

Happy Tuesday.

--L

6 comments:

Adriana said...

Jimmy Choo, Loubotin, are those Manolo's? Care to share your shoe closet.:D I'm the same way when I go out I'll try on everything and leave my shoes all over the place.
Random posts are always fun to read.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Seeing your shoes makes me wish I could wear heels!

How fun to hang out with Donna!

Reverie said...

OMG I want your shoes!!!*faints*

Daisy Whitney said...

From one shoe girl to another...love your shoes!

girlsinthestacks.com said...

I dub you Fancy Lauren, the girl who has fancy shoes and eats fancy dinners.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun!:)

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.