Home My Books About Me Contests

Monday, May 17, 2010

Here It Is, Your Moment of Zen...

Mondays can be rough. You're dealing with the death of the weekend, the long stretch of work week ahead of you, the early a.m. slog to the office, the enormous avalanche of email that has accumulated over the 48 hours since you were last at your desk...

That's why I've decided to start off this Monday by posting two recently unearthed, and extremely embarrassing high school photos of me, in the hopes that it will at least jump-start a smile, if not your productivity.

Without further ado...



This pic was actually scanned from a Polaroid (thus the poor quality). In it, my sister Lizzie and I are showing off our tongues in her room. Why, you ask? Pshaw. As though we needed a reason! To be honest, I neither remember nor care to know...

And this, an all-time favorite:



Here I am looking the soul of beneficence and kindness while at a Quaker Notes rehearsal. (Um, yes, I was in an a cappella group called "The Quaker Notes." Don't judge me--so was Dar Williams!) Two facts of note: one, my arm is slung around the shoulders of a girl who remains one of my best friends to this day. And two...Yes, that is a "Sugar Daddy" t-shirt I am rocking. Classy. So classy.

Ahhh...some things never change.

Happy Monday!

xo
Lauren

6 comments:

bookaholic said...

I love the pictures and I love your 'Sugar Daddy' t-shirt :)

Anonymous said...

Aww these are cute! I love looking back at photos, it's always fun. :)

Twi-sessed said...

Classic! Thanks for the flashback laughs! PS Don't feel bad about the shirt. I had a Bewitched shirt I wore more times than should be mentioned to high school.

Daisy Whitney said...

The tee-shirt rocks!

prophecygirl said...

Ace pics - love the shirt!

girlsinthestacks.com said...

throw backs are great.

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.