Home My Books About Me Contests

Sunday, May 30, 2010

BEA Goodness

So, yeah, I know that this update is a little belated but trust me--it's because last week was total MADNESS (one night I even had to check in to my favorite hotel in NYC because I literally didn't have time to get back and forth to Brooklyn and all of my events/meetings. And, admittedly, because it was really hot and I haven't installed my air conditioner yet because I don't know how. THIS IS WHY I NEED A BOYFRIEND, PEOPLE.)

Anyway, last week entailed many fun things, including a fancy-schmancy dinner in midtown with my publicist, Elyse Marshall, and editor, Rosemary Brosnan, two of my favorite people to spend an evening with. And the cover for DELIRIUM was on a big poster hanging right above our table! It was pretty awesome. Afterwards, Elyse and I shared a taxi back to Brooklyn and kept the party going at the Vanderbilt, a great new restaurant in Prospect Heights. All in all, a solid evening.

The next day I had my signing, which went so well. I was worried that nobody would show but I shouldn't have been--the line was HUGE! I felt bad that I couldn't stop and chat with each person who came by, but it was like a straight-up assembly line: people stepped up, I scribbled their names in Before I Fall and galley copies of Delirium, and then BOOM! On to the next one. It was actually slightly stressful, but I was just so amazed and grateful to all of the lovely readers who stopped by. So if any of you are reading this now: YOU ARE ALL SO PRETTY AND NICE! THANK YOU!









Then I had my geek-out freak-out moment of the Fair: I MET LEMONY SNICKETT. I cannot fully articulate how I instantly morphed from a self-possessed, decently collected young women to a stuttering, blushing mess in his presence. You will just have to believe me. Thankfully, he was quite gracious about the fact that a writer had, in front of him, just displayed all of the command of the English language that a gnat might possess. I suppose he's used to it.

That night I went out with my agent, my film agent, and some other publishing kids, including one of my best friends, Pam, who works at a small and amazing publishing house in San Fran called Zest. (Website here.) We had a great time hanging on the rooftop lounge of the Thompson LES (yes, that was the night I took refuge in the hotel; I think we cranked the air conditioning to, like, 50 degrees), and then went to bed far too late.

I'm telling you...There ain't no rest for the wicked... :D

The next night was MY BIG STAGE DEBUT!!!

Don't know what I'm talking about?

Check back tomorrow for amazing video footage!!

xoL

6 comments:

Karen said...

*sad face* I didn't know you were even there - I so would have waited in line for your book! lol
I had a carefully laid out plan of attack that got shot to hell once I got there!!
Glad your signing went so well!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'd love to go one day...Ya never know:)

Eleni said...

It was so great to meet you Lauren!

Anonymous said...

BEA sounds like so much fun! I hope to go one day. And are those Delirium ARCs I see? Gah, I am insanely jealous of anyone who got a copy.

Christinabean said...

So jealous of all those who could attend BEA to meet you AND get a copy of the Delirium ARC!!!

Bianca said...

Wish I could've went to BEA! I didn't realize you were giving away copies of Before I Fall AND ARCs of Delirium! So jealous. I don't have either. From what I can see of the cover for the ARC, it looks fantastic!

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.