Home My Books About Me Contests

Monday, May 31, 2010

BEA Goodness (Part Deux) and MY BIG STAGE DEBUT!

To cap off BEA, my agency (Foundry Media) sponsored a party at Hank's Bar and Saloon in Brooklyn, a semi-terrifying place I would never venture into on my own. Thankfully, once it was packed full of Budweiser-swilling publishing folk, it seemed less intimidating!

This party marked the world premiere of the incredible Foundrymen! It turns out that Foundry, my literary agency, is chock full of incredibly talented...musicians! When I was in Bologna, I made the mistake of singing as I wandered the streets with my agent, Stephen Barbara, and his boss, Peter McGuigan (yes, I admit, some red wine may have been involved). Somehow, I got roped into performing a guest spot at their BEA party...thus the spectacle of ridiculousness you see below! (And, yes, those are leather pants.)

Enjoy, giggle, spread via twitter and youtube--I'm a rockstar, baby!! :P CHECK OUT THE VIDEO HERE!

5 comments:

Daisy Whitney said...

If you ever are up for Karaoke, then I must insist on a duet when I am in NY in September!!!

Kathryn Rose said...

That looks like such a fun place to go! You were rockin'!

Suzanne Young said...

Hah! That is one of my favorite youtubes. Nice work!

barnsdale11 said...

BEA is such a cruel thing... on those who'll never even come close to attending T____T So many ARCs together... so many authors...

For me, it's better not to give i much thought T_T

Anyway, congratulations :)

And... oh... by the way... is there any chance of another international tour this time?? ^__^

Lauren said...

That's FANTASTIC! I so wish I was able to go to BEA - hopefully next year.

By the way, I finished BEFORE I FALL last night (around 1am - waking up for work today was not important compared to finishing Sam's story) and absolutely adored it. I can't stop thinking about it! I'll review it on my site shortly. Can't wait for your next book now!

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.