Home My Books About Me Contests

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I <3 Harper

Title of the post says it all...During my meeting at Harper on Tuesday I met a lot of the people who have been, and will continue to be, working on BEFORE I FALL, from the cover designer to the marketing director. (I started to try to list the people I met by name but then realized that my post would be, like, enormously long, because everyone was so fabulous I couldn't bear to leave anyone out!)

The warmth, enthusiasm, and support I felt during that meeting was just overwhelming...I really think some of them are more excited about Before I Fall than I am! :P I was incredibly nervous before the meeting but everyone made me feel just so comfortable and welcome. I know this post is essentially just a big mushy gush but I'm really still so keyed up I can't truly articulate how glad and proud I am to have my book shepherded into the world by such a dynamic and smart and lovely group of people.

The only downside of the whole day was that after the meeting was over, I was still so overwhelmed/excited/happy I ended up eating, like, five big Godiva truffles in a row and then feeling sick. :/ Take note, people: large quantities of sushi + large quantities of chocolate, consumed in extremely rapid succession and then mixed with a high dose of very nervous energy, do NOT go well together.

2 comments:

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Yaaaaay, so glad to hear that - both you and your fantastic book deserve this kind of excellent treatment by Harper! :)

Unknown said...

You could have added coffee to that mix and then we all would have been in trouble...wait, I recall you had coffee with you...well, then thank goodness wine wasn't involved.

It was great to meet you too! 8-)

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.