Home My Books About Me Contests

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Writing or Eggs?

The title of this post pretty much says it all. 
Sitting down to write every day is, for me, usually preceded by about two hours of mental tug-of-war, during which I try to think of every possible way to delay sitting down to write. Sometimes I even clean my room--voluntarily!--just to gain a few extra minutes.
It's not that I don't love writing. I do, I guess. It's more like I need to do it, the way that other people need to, I don't know, talk to their parents or be outside or sing in the shower or whatever it is that gives people meaning and joy. But I also love running, and it's still frigging hard to lace up my shoes every day...I know that once I start I'll be happy, and once I'm finished I'll be really happy, but taking those first few steps basically drains me of willpower.
So today: Eggs. Definitely eggs. Then writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.